image background

Rural Small Farm Insurance

Small Farm Package is designed for those who live in a rural environment, but don't have a large land holding.

Rural Small Farm Insurance

Rural Small Farm Pack

The QBE Small Farm Package is designed for those people who have chosen to live in a rural environment. The typical Small Farm policyholder will be someone who has a small acreage, with enough space to keep a few animals, pony for the children or grow vegetables for their own use and maybe selling some at the local weekend market. Income from this source would normally be only a few thousand dollars annually.

Optional Cover Choices

A Small Farm means a farm of 50 hectares or less with an annual gross income of less than $10,000. The Policy offers a choice of cover, from which any of or all of the following :

  • Farm property
  • Motor vehicle
  • Farm liability
  • Livestock and working dogs
  • Machinery breakdown
  • Electronic equipment
  • General property
  • Transit
  • Theft
  • Business interruption

Additional Benefits

There are 12 Defined Events covered within the Policy as well as some additional benefits such as the cost of:

  • Extinguishing fires
  • Neighbours fire fighting equipment
  • Legal costs of discharging your mortgage if a claim is settled for a total loss
  • Farm planning
  • Rewriting records
  • Overtime rates
  • Cost of finding the source of damage

For full policy details, please download a Farm Pack Product Disclosure Statement here.

Easy to arrange, simple to claim

The convenience of having Rural Small Farm Insurance under the same roof as your financial services isn’t the only way we make life easier.

From making your application to making a claim, WAW ensures things are as straight forward as possible.

You can apply online, by phone on 1300 368 555, or at any WAW Service Centre. Flexible payment options include fortnightly, monthly or annual direct debit or credit card payments (excluding Diners Club).

If you do need to make a claim, we won’t make you wade through paperwork. QBE have a 24-hour emergency claims number, and in most cases, you need just provide details over the phone.

WAW may receive commission on the sale of this product, please refer to our Financial Services Guide for more details.

Important notes

Terms, conditions and acceptance criteria apply. Cover limits and waiting periods apply as set out in the policy wording. This material does not take into account your personal needs, objectives and financial circumstances and you should consider whether it is appropriate for you. Please read the product disclosure statement available to decide if a product is right for you.

Insurance issued by QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited ABN 78 003 191 035 AFS Licence 239545 for Disability and Involuntary Unemployment and OnePath Life Limited ABN 33 009 657 176 AFSL 238341 for Life and Trauma.